RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm is currently seeking a
Mechanical Project Engineer
with proven building design experience in healthcare and higher education sectors, for our Raleigh North Carolina office. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned subject matter expert with a desire to mentor junior engineers.
The project engineer will complete mechanical building design including HVAC, plumbing and fire protection. The project engineer should have a complete understanding of the projects technical design of mechanical & plumbing systems, coordination of design between
engineering disciplines and architecture, engineering calculations, equipment selection and scheduling, mechanical specifications, cost estimating, and oversee drawing production with little or no supervision.The successful candidate will be responsible for
overseeing design of:
- HVAC systems
- Plumbing systems
- Fire Protection (performance-based)
- Code analysis
- Energy modeling
- Medical gas systems
- LEED documentation
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering.
- Understanding of state building codes.
- Capability with AutoCAD 2D OR Revit 3D MEP.
- Experience with load software, such as Carrier HAP or similar.
- Healthcare and/or laboratory industry experience (medical gas design)
- Project/Employee management
- Strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Desire to provide excellent customer service.
- Passion for high quality designs.
About the company:
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
- RMF Engineering is a prominent national design firm and a leader in the MEP industry.
- The company has 11 U.S. offices • Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, higher education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
- An equal opportunity employer.
- To learn more about our company please visit http://www.rmf.com
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.