MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
RMF Engineering, Inc., a national engineering firm, has an immediate opportunity for a
or a Senior Mechanical Designer
in their Charlottesville, Virginia Office.
The successful candidate will be assertive, well-organized and able to coordinate his/her time efficiently while working as part of the design team on multiple projects. This candidate will support projects in a variety of building sectors including healthcare,
higher education, municipal/government, laboratory/research and commercial markets.
The qualified candidate’s primary responsibility will be the design, engineering and coordination of Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing systems in BIM (Revit) or AutoCAD format.
This role requires constant communication with internal staff as well as clients and other consultants. Candidate must have extensive knowledge of Mechanical Building Systems and an understanding of required electrical coordination to properly coordinate mechanical
designs. He/She must also demonstrate proficiency in writing and professional communications.
Position is a growth opportunity, with proven performance at RMF, to Project Engineer and/or Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
As Design Engineer, the successful candidate will be fully competent in the following specific duties:
- Performing Engineering Design Calculations (Carrier HAP, ASHRAE 62.1, building air pressure relationships, static pressure calcs, use of various manufacturers’ selection software, duct and piping design);
- Preparing Basic Building Energy Models (Carrier HAP, IES, eQuest);
- Preparing Production Drawings and/or Building Information Models for HVAC and Plumbing (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks);
- Performing Code and Standards Analysis (IMC, VSUBC/VMC, VA CPSM);
- Performing Site Surveys (e.g., existing conditions surveys, general construction administration);
- Assisting in the Production of Reports and Studies;
- Coordinating Electrical Requirements of Selected Equipment;
- Assisting a Project Manager or Project Engineer in the Production of Project Specifications;
Candidate must be competent and able to work efficiently with BIM (Revit), AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software or demonstrate an ability to move quickly to proficiency with these platforms.
- (4) Year BS degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering (Mech. Focus) with Minimum of Two (2) Years previous experience as Mechanical Design Engineer;
About RMF Engineering
- Minimum of Four (4) Years previous experience as Mechanical Designer.
RMF Engineering is a privately held company founded in 1983, headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with more than 250 employees in Eleven U.S. offices. RMF Engineering provides planning, design, engineering, commissioning and facility assessment services globally
to clients in the healthcare, higher education, laboratory/research and government sectors. The firm leads the industry in the development of new engineering production methods and technologies, including Building Information Modeling (BIM), carbon reduction
strategies and in-depth assessment technologies. All of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design and most are registered LEED projects. Our projects supported regionally but span the US and the many international sites.
We offer a stable and professional working environment with competitive salary, excellent employee benefits, which include health and dental insurance, paid holidays and vacation and 401k plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in the diversity
and dedication of our staff.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org .