Co-Op/Intern Civil Engineer
The Civil/Structural Division of RMF Engineering, Inc. (RMF) is seeking a civil engineering student for a paid internship in our Baltimore, Maryland office. During the semester, RMF requires a 15 – 20 hour per week time commitment. The intern’s work schedule can be coordinated around class schedules, but is expected to be consistent. Time off is granted as needed for exams. Our normal business hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. During school breaks, the intern is expected to work full time.
About RMF Engineering:
RMF Engineering is a privately held company that was founded in 1983. There are 8 offices across the Mid-Atlantic, with headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. RMF provides design and engineering services for all aspects of building construction including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
About the Civil/Structural Division:
The Civil/Structural Division specifically provides engineering services for central utility power plants, healthcare facilities, and an array of utility distribution systems (from storm drainage and water designs to steam and chilled water designs). Most Universities, Hospitals, and Government sites include central utility power plants, which provide the main utility services to the campus. The Civil/Structural Division specializes in site designs for new facilities and phased utility designs, allowing Owners to replace obsolete or failed distribution systems while maintaining utility service to the users.
- Assist in the production of civil drawings and specifications.
- Assist in converting engineer mark-ups of drawings into AutoCAD.
- Assist in calculations associated with designs.
- Assist in cost estimating associated with designs.
- Assist in copying, printing, binding, and shipping of design documents.
- Assist in field investigation which may include site investigation/surveys and work in utility tunnels
- Must be a student obtaining a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering (BSCE).
- Must be classified at least at least at the Sophomore level and have at least a 2.75 G.P.A.
- Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week during the school year and full time during summer breaks
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, and Windows preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and experience with AutoCAD Civil3D preferred but not required
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.