Project Engineer II - Salisbury, MD
Department: Buildings - Electrical
Employment Type: Full Time
RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering consulting firm, is currently seeking a senior level Electrical Project Engineer
with a strong history of performance in healthcare, higher education, K-12 Schools, and government sectors.
The position is located in the beautiful coastal Salisbury, Maryland office.
The Electrical Project Engineer
completes building systems design including fire alarm, lighting design, and power distribution systems. Will serve as a mentor for junior level electrical designers and drafters. The Electrical Engineer will
go on site and interact directly with clients, contractors and architects.
The Electrical Project Engineer
will be responsible for the following the tasks:
- lighting systems, including fixture selection and controls.
- power distribution, including riser diagrams and panel schedules.
- sizing of feeders, and branch circuits per NEC.
- electrical panel schedules using MS Excel.
- fire alarm risers, panels and devices.
- electrical site plans, including ductbanks, manholes and handholes.
- telecom / data systems, including risers.
- lighting calculations for interior and exterior lighting.
- calculate loads, fault current, and voltage drop using MS Excel.
- performing field surveys, when needed.
- reviewing shop drawings.
- knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and standard industry design practices.
- able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- BS Engineering Degree from accredited college or university
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical buildings design
- Specification writing experience
- Cost estimating experience
- Strong technical design and engineering ability
- Strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
About the company:
- Project/employee management experience
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Familiar with Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- LEED certification or experience in sustainable design
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 11 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, higher education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we take pride in the diversity and dedication of our staff.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.