RMF Engineering has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Design Engineer
with consulting or construction experience in our Raleigh, North Carolina office. You will design electrical power systems for utility plants and campus power
distribution systems using practical software such as AutoCAD, Revit MEP, and SKM Power Tools.
- Development of electrical power, lighting, fire-alarm, etc. construction drawings using AutoCAD and Revit MEP.
- Power Systems Design for Chiller and Boiler Plants including transformers, switchgear, motor-control centers, variable speed drives, circuiting, etc.
- Medium Voltage Power Systems Analysis for Campus Substations including short-circuit studies, relay coordination, arc flash hazard, etc. (SKM Power Tools).
- Minimum 2 years' design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE license or ability to obtain within 2 years
- Medium voltage power distribution
- AutoCAD, Revit, SKM or similar drafting/design application
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC) and standard industry design practices.
- Strong teamwork, communications, and customer service skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
About the company:
- Excellent work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunities for advancement.
- Outstanding health & dental benefits.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 11 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include higher education, healthcare, higher education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
- As an equal opportunity employer, we take pride in the diversity and dedication of our staff.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.