Project Engineer: Mechanical – Atlanta, GA
RMF Engineering is seeking a Mechanical Engineer
with proven experience developing plans and specifications for mechanical systems in the higher education and/or healthcare market sectors using software such as AutoCAD and Revit. The position
is located in our growing Atlanta Office and offers excellent opportunities for career development.
The project engineer's primary role is to perform advanced engineering calculations as well as code and design analysis on complex projects within technical area of expertise. Design all phases of complex and significant projects. The project engineer should
require little or no supervision to complete design and analysis tasks for projects. Provide guidance and technical direction to support team members including other engineers/designers within their area of expertise. Responsible for total production of the
project, organization and maintenance of the project design file and calculation design book for each project. Coordinates design and design issues with project manager, team members and outside design consultants. Occasionally acts as a team leader for small
projects, assists the project manager in the development of design concepts, manpower plans, schedules and budgets, and prepares correspondence and transmittals as directed. Completes design activities in a timely manner. The project engineer should have a
complete understanding of the projects technical design of mechanical & plumbing systems, coordination of design between engineering disciplines and architecture, engineering calculations, equipment selection and scheduling, mechanical specifications, cost
estimating, and oversee drawing production.
- BS Mechanical Engineering Degree from accredited college or university and EIT required, Professional Engineer registration preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in mechanical design (HVAC, plumbing, fire protection)
- Strong technical design and engineering ability
- Strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
- Project/employee management
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Familiar with Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- LEED certification or experience in sustainable design
- Specification writing experience
- Cost estimating experience
- Strong teamwork, communications, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
We offer a stable and professional working environment with competitive salary, excellent employee benefits, which include health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, and 401K plan. We offer many opportunities for leadership, team development
and advancement; we are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in the diversity and dedication of our staff.
Why RMF Engineering
RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil, structural,
mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 11 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
- To learn more about our company please visit http://www.rmf.com
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .