RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm, has immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our Buildings Division in Charleston, South Carolina.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will perform engineering calculations for HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection design for buildings. The Mechanical Design Engineer will complete work as part of the design team under the direction of a Project Manager. Design
Engineer will work on campus and utility projects all over the state of South Carolina. Projects require that design activities are completed in a timely manner (overtime could be required). The design engineer should have an understanding of the technical
design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for tasks including:
- Engineering calculations
- HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection design
- Coordinating design and design issues with a project manager, senior team members and outside design consultants
- Coordinating design between engineering disciplines and architecture, engineering calculations and oversee drawings production
- BS Engineering Degree from accredited college or university
- Minimum of 1 year professional OR internship experience in design
- Strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
- Experience with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with AutoCAD 2018 and Microsoft Office software
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI) certification
We offer a stable and professional working environment with competitive salary, excellent employee benefits, which include health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, and 401K plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in the diversity
and dedication of our staff.
Why RMF Engineering
RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. There are eleven (11) offices across the Mid-Atlantic, with headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering
services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition
inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in large projects. Our projects are technically challenging and diverse. All of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design and most are registered LEED projects. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
RMF’s success is measured by its continued profitability even in these economic times.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .