RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm, is currently seeking a Commissioning Engineer to oversee, investigate, challenge and test mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) projects across the East Coast.
The Commissioning Engineer ensures the safety, efficiency and quality of the project. Leads commissioning meetings and interact with clients, contractors, subcontractors and 3rd party design engineers. Works on construction projects located in the southeastern
United States. Provides owner guidance on exciting projects across the industries of healthcare, federal & municipal, laboratory and education. A typical work week would include 50% time in office and 50% time on client site with very limited overnight travel.
The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for tasks including:
- Commissioning documentation and report writing
- Conducting Functional performance test
- Conducting Client/project meetings
- Design review
- System troubleshooting
- Site observation
- Complies to owner specification
- System Test and Balance verification
- Controls verification
- BS Engineering Degree from accredited college or university and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction, commissioning or engineering field
- AS Degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in construction, commissioning or engineering field
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Organizational skills
- Strong English communication skills and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- ACG or BCA Commissioning Certification
Why RMF Engineering
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil, structural,
mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 11 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.