RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm, has an opening for an innovative Mechanical Design Engineer in our growing Boston, Massachusetts office. This position carries great potential for a motivated individual interested in growing their technical
design expertise within mechanical and sustainable design as well as developing their leadership abilities.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will perform engineering calculations and prepare detailed mechanical engineering drawings for HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection design for buildings primarily within the higher education, science and technology, and healthcare
market sectors. The Mechanical Design Engineer will also perform energy analysis and apply high-performance design techniques to their project work in order to create environmentally conscious designs that provide an enhanced environment for the building occupants.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will complete work as part of the design team under the direction of a Project Manager and senior technical oversight. The Mechanical Design Engineer will work on Architectural & Engineering projects across the New England region.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for tasks including:
- Assist in developing project objectives, goals, and documentation policies.
- Prepare engineering design load and calculations, mechanical (HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) system layouts, and design documentation for all phases.
- Coordinating design between engineering disciplines and the architecture team, engineering calculations and oversee drawings production.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Perform on site condition surveys.
- Process contractor submittals and assist in the construction administration process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 1 year professional OR internship experience in mechanical design.
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer designing HVAC and plumbing building systems on complex projects.
- Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM) experience
Why RMF Engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- Experience with energy modeling and developing associated reports/presentations. Energy modeling software includes IES VE, E-Quest, Ladybug Tools
- Passed FE Exam or EIT Registration
- LEED Accredited Professional and previous experience participating in the LEED or other green rating system process
- WELL Accredited Professional
- Experience and interest in sustainable and high-performance building design (energy, water, carbon, occupant health and wellness, resiliency).
- Motivated individual interested in growth containing a strong work ethic and solid organizational skills.
RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. There are thirteen (13) offices across the Mid-Atlantic, with headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering
services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition
inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in large projects. Our projects are technically challenging and diverse. All of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design and most are registered LEED projects. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
RMF’s success is measured by its continued profitability even in these economic times.
We offer a stable and professional working environment with competitive salary, excellent employee benefits, which include health and dental insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, and 401K plan. We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in the
diversity and dedication of our staff.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .