RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm is currently seeking a Project Engineer
for Mechanical building design in our Charlottesville, Virginia office. Enthusiastic and energetic, the successful candidate will have career growth
opportunities with RMF.
Start your next great adventure in Charlottesville! Whether it’s the immediate access to outdoor adventure, or serious “foody” culture, or remarkably hip music scene, the wine culture, or just the amazing mix of people, diversity and ideas, Charlottesville
is a place you want to be!
The Mechanical Project Engineer will complete mechanical building design including HVAC and plumbing. The project engineer should require little or no supervision to complete design and analysis tasks for projects. Provide guidance and technical direction
to support team members including other engineers/designers within their area of expertise. Occasionally acts as a team leader for small projects, assists the project manager in the development of design concepts, manpower plans, schedules and budgets, and
prepares correspondence and transmittals as directed.
The Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for tasks including:
- Design all phases of complex and significant projects in a timely manner.
- Total production of the project, organization and maintenance of the project design file and calculation design book for each project.
- Coordinates design and design issues with project manager, team members and outside design consultants.
- The project engineer should have a complete understanding of the projects technical design of mechanical & plumbing systems
- Coordinates design between engineering disciplines and architecture, engineering calculations, mechanical specifications, and oversee drawing production.
- Cost estimating, equipment selection and scheduling
- BS Engineering Degree from accredited college or university
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical buildings design including HVAC and plumbing
- Strong technical design and engineering ability
- Strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
- Healthcare and/or Lab Sciences industry experience is a plus
- Project/employee management
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Familiar with Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- LEED certification or other sustainable benchmarking
- Specification writing experience
- Cost estimating experience
Why RMF Engineering
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
- RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 12 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.