RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm, has immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our Charlottesville, Virginia office. Enthusiastic and energetic, the successful candidate will have career growth opportunities with RMF.
Start your next great adventure in Charlottesville! Whether it’s the immediate access to outdoor adventure, or serious “foody” culture, or remarkably hip music scene, the wine culture, or just the amazing mix of people, diversity and ideas, Charlottesville
is a place you want to be!
The Mechanical Design Engineer will perform engineering calculations for HVAC and Plumbing design for buildings. The Mechanical Design Engineer will complete work as part of the design team under the direction of a Project Manager. Projects require that design
activities are completed in a timely manner (overtime could be required). The design engineer should have an understanding of the technical design of HVAC and plumbing.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for tasks including:
- Assist in developing project objectives, goals, and documentation policies.
- Prepare engineering design load and calculations, mechanical (HVAC and Plumbing) system layouts, and design documentation for all phases.
- Coordinating design between engineering disciplines and the architecture team, engineering calculations and oversee drawings production.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Perform on site condition surveys.
- Process contractor submittals and assist in the construction administration process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 year’s professional OR internship experience in mechanical design.
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer designing HVAC and plumbing building systems on complex projects.
- Healthcare and/or Lab Sciences industry experience is a plus
- Experience with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with AutoCAD 2018 and Microsoft Office software
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) or Engineer Intern (EI) certification
Why RMF Engineering
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
- RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 12 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.