RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm, has immediate opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer in our Raleigh, North Carolina office. Enthusiastic and energetic, the successful candidate will work with a cross functional team on electrical
building systems projects.
The Electrical Project Engineer will perform engineering calculations, code analysis, and design all phases of a project with little to no supervision. Responsibilities will include: lighting systems, power distribution, fire alarm design, electrical site plans,
electrical calculations, field investigation, reviewing submittals, using NEC (National Electric Code) and standard industry design practices. The engineer should be self-driven to complete design and analysis tasks for projects as well as coordinate design
and design issues with project manager, team members and outside design consultants.
The Electrical Project Engineer will provide expertise in the following tasks:
• Lighting systems
• Power distribution
• Fire alarm design
• Electrical site plans
• Tele/data systems
• Electrical calculations
• Field investigation (infrequent)
• Reviewing submittals
• Knowledge of NEC and standard industry design practices
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) from accredited college or university
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical design
• Design experience using Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM) OR Revit MEP OR AutoCAD 2014
• PE (Professional Engineer) license or ability to sit for PE exam
• Experience communicating directly with clients
• Experience with field work and documentation of engineering
Why RMF Engineering
- RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 12 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .