Construction / Commissioning Engineer
RMF Engineering, Inc., a national engineering firm, is currently seeking a Construction/Commissioning Engineer to oversee, investigate, challenge and test mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems for local, national, and international projects. Position
is based in our Baltimore corporate office.
The Construction/Commissioning Engineer reviews the overall safety, efficiency and quality of the project. Leads commissioning meetings and interacts with clients, contractors, subcontractors, and 3rd party design engineers. Provides owner guidance on exciting
projects across the industries of healthcare, federal & municipal, laboratory and education. A typical work week would include 50% time in office and 50% time on client site(s) with requirements for overnight travel at times.
The Construction/Commissioning Engineer is responsible for tasks including:
- Quality Control – Review of the MEP technical design and coordination (technical reviews such as loads, calculations, equipment selection, etc).
- Commissioning documentation and report writing
- Conducting Functional performance test
- Conducting Client/project meetings
- Design review
- System troubleshooting
- Site observation
- Complies to owner specification
- System Test and Balance verification
- Controls verification
- Supervision of project participants and support staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from accredited college or university and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in construction, commissioning, and/or engineering field
- Associate‘s Degree and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in construction, commissioning, and/or engineering field
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Willingness to travel
- Security clearance(s) and/or the ability to be cleared
- Organizational skills
- Strong English communication skills and presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Familiarity/Experience with Testing, Adjusting, and Balancing (TAB) and Automated Controls
- ACG or BCA Commissioning Certification
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
Why RMF Engineering
- RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 12 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.