RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm, has immediate opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer for our coastal office in beautiful Charleston, South Carolina.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will perform engineering calculations for HVAC and Plumbing design for buildings. The Mechanical Design Engineer will complete work as part of the design team under the direction of a Project Manager. Projects require that design
activities are completed in a timely manner (overtime could be required). The design engineer should understand the technical design of HVAC and plumbing and fire protection.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for tasks including:
- Prepare engineering design load and calculations, mechanical (HVAC and Plumbing) system layouts, and design documentation for all phases
- Coordinating design between engineering disciplines and the architecture team, engineering calculations and oversee drawings production
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives
- Specification writing
- Cost estimating
- Perform on site condition surveys.
- Process contractor submittals and assist in the construction administration process.
- Bachelor’s Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 year’s professional OR internship/Co-Op experience in mechanical building design (HVAC, Plumbing, Fire Protection)
- Experience with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- Healthcare and/or Lab Sciences industry experience is a plus
- LEED certification or experience in sustainable design
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) OR Engineer Intern (EI) certification
Why RMF Engineering
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
- RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 12 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.