MECHANICAL - ELECTRICAL
RMF is currently seeking an engineering undergraduate for a full-time intern/co-op position. Duration and start/ finish windows based on the candidate’s academic calendar and availability. The goal is for the candidate to complete three (3) semesters with
RMF in conjunction with the progression towards their engineering degree.
Mechanical (HVAC, Fire Protection and Plumbing) or Electrical (Power Systems and Lighting) engineering responsibilities will include design, field observation, and survey activities as well as document production in AutoCAD and/or Revit (BIM, building information
modeling). Heavy emphasis placed on building energy management and sustainable design principles. Interns will have the opportunity to witness field installations of the systems and to work alongside senior engineering staff. Responsibilities will continually
increase with training and follow-on internships are highly encouraged based on performance and attitude.
- Must be currently enrolled in an engineering degree program at an accredited US college or university
- Satisfactory completion of freshman year with a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Ability to complete the cooperative education program in accordance with their College’s or University’s guidelines
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Why RMF Engineering
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- High School or entry level AutoCAD and Revit knowledge preferred
- Interest in consulting engineering field
RMF is an innovative top-ranked, national engineering firm with 11 U.S. offices. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction.
Our projects range nationally and internationally, are technically challenging, diverse, and all incorporate sustainable design. We believe in making a positive impact on the world through the built environment. Additionally RMF is:
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.