RMF Engineering, Inc. a national engineering firm is currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer with proven building design experience. This position carries great potential for a motivated individual interested in growing their technical design expertise
within mechanical and sustainable design as well as developing their leadership abilities.
The Mechanical Project Engineer
will perform advanced engineering calculations as well as code and design analysis on complex projects with little or no supervision. Coordinates design and design issues with project manager, team members and
outside design consultants. Communicates directly with contractors, clients and architects. Works in the office and on site.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing design of:
- HVAC systems
- Plumbing systems
- Fire Protection (performance-based)
- Code analysis
- Energy modeling
- Medical gas systems
- LEED documentation
- Life cycle cost analysis
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in mechanical design (HVAC, plumbing, fire protection).
- BS degree in Engineering.
- Capability with AutoCAD 2D OR Revit 3D MEP.
- Experience communicating with clients, customers, contractors and/or architects.
- PE (Professional Engineer) license or ability to sit for PE exam
- Experience with load software, such as Carrier HAP or similar.
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit software for Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Familiar with Autodesk AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- LEED certification or experience in sustainable design
- Specification writing experience
- Cost estimating experience
- Strong teamwork, communications, and customer relationship skills.
- Excellent work environment.
- Dedicated support staff.
- Training and professional development.
- Competitive salary.
- Outstanding health & dental insurance.
- Exceptional 401k retirement plan.
- Paid holidays & vacation.
Why RMF Engineering?
- RMF Engineering, Inc., an engineering consulting firm, is a privately held company that was started in 1983. RMF specializes in providing design and engineering services for all aspects of building and utility infrastructure construction including civil,
structural, mechanical, electrical, and HVAC. The firm also provides campus master planning services, energy conservation surveys, pressure vessel inspections, condition inspections, and building commissioning.
RMF is an innovative engineering firm specializing in a wide variety projects. Our projects are technically challenging, diverse, and all of RMF’s projects incorporate sustainable design. Our projects range nationally and internationally.
- RMF Engineering is a top-ranked, national MEP firm with 12 U.S. offices.
- Recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a Top 500 Design Firm.
- One of the nation's top "Giants 300" engineering firms by Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine
- Listed as an “MEP Giant” by Consulting-Specifying Engineer.
- Selected by PSMJ Resources for the 2012 Circle of Excellence.
- Primary clients include healthcare, education, laboratory/research and government sectors.
**RMF Engineering does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd parties. For information on how to become an approved vendor for this job request, contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com .
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.